Coming Full Circle with Sustainability
A Workshop on Building a Circular Economy in the DMV Region
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA, USA, September 18, 2017 / EINPresswire.com
Join us for a workshop to meet with those interested in developing a circular economy in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) region. Register HERE.
A circular economy is a regenerative system that minimizes or eliminates resource inputs, waste, emissions, and energy leakages. We will feature a number of initiatives that are nurturing a circular economy ecosystem. Presenters will provide examples of success stories of the circular economy and share their expertise on components of the circular economy, including urban farming and workforce development, local business, advanced manufacturing focused on utilizing local resources and labor, ecoindustrial parks, and regional economic development.
In this workshop, you will:
- Network with those who share a passion for sustainability as a lens for assessing systems.
- Learn from those utilizing and/or developing circular economy practices.
- Engage with others in a small group discussion on how to expand these practices in our businesses, communities, and daily lives to accelerate the circular economy.
- Develop an action framework to further enable the circular economy in our region.
- Receive a list of tools and resources on the circular economy.
- Barbara Englehart, Principal, Englehart Consulting and Leaders in Energy, Board Member
- Janine Finnell, Executive Director, Leaders in Energy
- Dwane Jones, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Sustainable Development, College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences (CAUSES), University of District of Columbia
- David Woessner, General Manager, Local Motors, Inc.
- Peter Lowitt, Director/Land Use Administrator for the Devens Enterprise Commission, (by Skype)
- Jim Schulman, Executive Manager of the Alliance for Regional Cooperation
- Beth Offenbacker, Ph.D., Facilitator, Waterford, Inc.
The College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability & Environmental Science at the University of the District of Columbia is our event partner. Thanks to Mom’s Organic Market for being our refreshment sponsor.
Special rates are available for job seekers and students. Ticket includes workshop, list of tools and resources, refreshments and light beverages.
Leaders in Energy